Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just days till I leave!

Okay so this is my first ever blog post!
I leave in like 2 and a half days, so naturally I haven't really started packing and I am freaking out just a little, but everything will get done, probably at like 5 in the morning the day I leave, but it will get done!

I heard from my host family, basically they are awesome! They are a family of 4, mom, dad, son and daughter. Their son, Daniel, is in a boarding school so I won't see him too much, but their daughter, Benedicte, will be there, she is 12 and adorable! Benedicte and my host dad, Thomas, made me a little video giving me a tour of their home, it was so sweet! And I've been told that my host mom, Christina, makes delicious food so i'm really excited :]

I'm so anxious and excited to get there and meet everyone, it still feels surreal to me, probably because I haven't packed yet, I guess it will feel more real when I finally get to the airport Saturday morning.

Well I had better go do some laundry now!

Adios!

3 comments:

  1. Alyssa,

    I can't wait to here about your journeys and adventures. This is a once in a lifetime experience, soak it up!

    Love,

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who has lived in a host family, this one sounds very promising and I wish you the best of luck. A video tour of their house? Thats just awesome. Heldiggris :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you tonight for a nice relaxing dinner! Love ya, Kathy

    ReplyDelete